> Degree students
> Exchange students
We offer the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Philosophy
- Master of Philosophy
- Master of Ethics
Furthermore, our students can receive certificates for further specialisation:
- Certificate of Leadership
- Certificate in Global Solidarity
- Certificate in Media Ethics
- Certificate in Economical Ethic
- Certificate in Medical Ethics
If you want to make your full degree at the Munich School of Philosophy you first have to take the following formal steps.
Recognition of Higher Education Entrance Qualification
The general requirement for studying at the Munich School of Philosophy is a valid Higher Education Entrance Qualification (Hochschulzugangsberechtigung; Abitur, A-level) or an international equivalent. Certificates of previous qualifications may need to be provided for post-graduate courses.
Students without a German Higher Education Entrance Qualification need to have their documents checked in advance. A certified translation (English or German) are necessary in most cases. We also need an Academic Curriculum Vitae for clarification purposes. We may also contact you for additional information.
Please send the following documents as PDF by email to: email@example.com:
- school certificates
- any third-level qualifications
- any translations (english or german)
- Academic Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or doubts.
After checking your qualifications, the Munich School of Philosophy can issue you a confirmation of admission, which you can use to apply for a visa as a student applicant. You can find more information on this here.
However, please note that you cannot enroll without providing proof of your language skills (see below)!
Important: Please bring the original and a copy of the certificate and any translations with you to personal enrolment.
Proof of sufficient German Proficiency:
To study at the Munich School of Philosophy, you need to have sufficient speaking, writing and reading skills in German. There are no courses in English at the Munich School of Philosophy yet.
The Munich School of Philosophy accepts the following certificates of proficiency in German:
- TestDaf: At least level 4 in all four partial examinations
- Goethe Institute: C1
- "Deutsche Sprachprüfung II" from the Sprachen- und Dolmetscher-Institut München (Munich Language and Interpreting Institute, SDI)
You can find more information about language courses on the web pages of the Studentenwerk München (Munich Student Union).
Important: A language level of C1 (Common European Reference Framework of Reference for Languages) is a prerequisite for enrolment. You can aquire an admission without the required level and therefore come to Germany to advance your language skills.
We have an agreement with "Deutschkurse bei der Universität München (dkfa)" to provide you with an easy access to German courses.
There is an additional admission restriction for some study courses. You need to apply for these study courses.
Bachelor: Enrolment in the Bachelor program does not require admission. You do not need to apply.
Masters: Admission to the consecutive Master program is restricted.The prerequisite for applying is proof of a Bachelor degree with at least 90 ECTS in Philosophy or an international equivalent. The official deadline for application is 15th of July each year. Please send copies and translations of your certificates in good time to firstname.lastname@example.org to be checked. Enrolment is only possible in the winter semester!
If you have not completed the last semester of your Bachelor degree by the application deadline, there is the option of a preliminary application. In this case, please submit your “Transcript of Records”. The Bachelor certificate can then be submitted at a later time.
Promotion/PhD: Admission to the PhD program is restricted. Please inform yourself of the general requirements for admission (certificates, previous studies, language skills and the general willingness to mentor by a professor). Please contact us at email@example.com in good time.
|Our semesters start in mid April and in mid October. Please refer to the schedule pages (German) for the dates on which you can enroll for the new semester.
You must enroll in person.
Enrolment takes place in the student secretariat at the Munich School of Philosophy. Enrolling in the courses mentioned above is only possible if all specified documents and materials are provided.
- Electronic registration form filled out in advance
Please fill out the registration form and send it to us.
- After sending the form, please print it out and bring the printout with you to the enrolment.
- We are obliged by the Bavarian State Agency for Statistics and Data Processing to collect this data and have no influence on the questions asked.
- Fees: 242.40 Euro per Semester
(latest update WiSe 2020/21, the actual numbers of the fees might differ slightly)
This amount comprises:
You can pay the fee either by bank transfer (see below) or in cash during your enrolment.
- 100.00 Euro Administration Fee
- 75.00 Euro Student Union Fee
- 67.40 Semester Ticket for part time Public Transport in Munich
- Proof of Higher Education Entrance Qualification
Please have your school or university certificates checked in good time before enrolment (or application).
Please bring the original and a copy of all certificates and translations, if any, with you to enrolment.
If you have any questions or doubts concerning your documents, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org beforehand.
- Presentation of ID Card or Passport
- Health Insurance Certificate
Health insurance is obligatory in Germany. For this reason, you need to provide evidence of your health insurance or evidence of exemption from this requirement:
Submission of a valid certification of student health insurance for the corresponding semester.
- Your health insurance company needs to provide you with a certificate “for enrolment at a university”. Any other certificate is insufficient.
- If you are privately insured, we require an exemption certificate from a public health insurance company.
- If you have never had public health insurance, you can obtain this exemption certificate from public health insurance companies (more information as PDF, German).
International students can obtain more information on the topic of “health insurance” at the German Student Union.
- Official Certificate of Good Conduct
In order to enroll, you must present or send to us an official certificate of good conduct. The easiest way is to apply for the certificate of good conduct personally in Germany. The receipt of your application for the certificate of good conduct is sufficient initially for enrolment.
You can find more information on the certificate of good contact on the web pages of the German Federal Office of Justice.
- Two passport photos for your student identification and our records.
- Specification of Email Address
You can transfer the administration fees to our account at the LIGA Bank in Munich:
Account Holder: Dt. Provinz der Jesuiten KdöR Hochschule
Account Number: 10 213 98 20
Bank Sort Code: 750 903 00
IBAN: DE94 7509 0300 0102 1398 20
Bank: LIGA Bank
If you want to stay for a semester or two at the Munich School of Philosophy you have to take the following steps.